Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Life: Ready, Set, Scrap!


Greetings!

I've had some questions and interest about my latest scrapbooking venture, Project Life. If you know me personally, you know that I love scrapbooking. When I stayed on campus over the weekend during my college years, it was a safe bet my dorm room floor was covered with pictures, papers, embellishments, glue dots and other scrapping paraphernalia.

Unfortunately, last year I fell really behind. Between moving three times, wedding planning and graduating, I had to set it aside for some time. After that, anytime I started daydreaming of picking up my photo cropper, I'd chicken out thinking about how far behind I was. My wedding scrapbook was the only album I completed of last year's happenings.

I needed a new plan of attack for staying in control of the upcoming year's scrapbooking. After reviewing and researching the Project Life method, I've decided to try to apply it this year.

So, what is Project Life? Technically, it is a product line created by Becky Higgins which is aimed at taking the guess work out of layout design. Her product line offers up a variety of coordinating albums, journaling cards and photo pocket pages.

Ultimately, Project Life is a method of scrapbooking using pocket pages to lay out a page without glue or fancy embellishments. It's specifically focused on recording memories through journaling instead of spending all your time jazzing up your page with glitter, stickers and rub-ons.

In order to stay on top of my pictures, I've decided to tackle Project Life on a week-by-week basis. That means one two-page spread will be devoted to one week of our lives and latest antics. Since it is already half way through February, I've decided to only do a month overview of January instead of breaking it down by weeks.

The only perceivable downside I see to the method so far is there isn't really a place for mementos like brochures from vacations or the like. My idea to solve this is my Smash Book. When we go on vacation in September, I'll take my Smash Book to document our trip and house our momentous instead of devoting a few pages to it in our album.

As you can see from the picture above, I've done our title page. Once we have a family picture made this year, I'll put two of them in the empty spaces above.

Until next time!
Miranda


No comments:

Post a Comment