Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Pinterest Test: Six Layer Sourdough Club

Welcome to the first (of what will hopefully be many) Pinterest Test! I'm testing all those recipes and crafts you see on Pinterest and letting you know which ones won't be a waste of your time. My first pick that passed the Pinterest Test? The Six Layer Sourdough Club from Eat at Allie's.
Looks like it came straight from Panera, right? At least, that's what I first thought when I pinned this scrumptious looking club sandwich.

I decided to test out this recipe for the husband. He eats a ham or turkey sandwich for lunch every day. His sandwiches only consist of three slices of ham or turkey, two slices of white bread and a slap of mayo. I know this, because I'm the one who assembles these lack-luster sandwiches the night before. I wanted to switch it up a little and make him a REAL sandwich and that's when I ran across this club sandwich on my Yummy-ness board on Pinterest.   

It was really easy and quick for me to make. It took me around 15 minutes from start to finish. It took me the longest to chop up all the vegetables and mix the dressing together. 


In my concoction, I had chopped tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers and onions. As for the dressing mixture, I used the same as the original recipe. 


All you have to do after all that chopping and measuring is stuff the mixture in the hollowed-out piece of bread and layer on the meat and cheese.  


 Ta-da! The vegetable and dressing mixture was enough for me to make two loafs! If you look at the original and compare it to mine, I didn't chop my vegetables up as fine, but it didn't make a bit of difference.

As for the taste, here is the text that R.J. sent me the next day during his lunch break: "Lunch was awesome!" I paired it with a spinach salad and a banana for him.


Is your tummy telling you to taste test this or what? The Six Layer Sourdough Club definitely passed the Pinterest Test! You should try it and tell me how it goes... ;)

Happy eating!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment