Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedding Sneak Peek: Pom Poms, Gifts and Cry-babies

As the big day creeps closer and closer, I'm slowly, but surely seeing my vision for my wedding come together - which is a huge relief.

The biggest hurdle I am facing right now is writing my vows. R.J. and I really wanted to personalize our ceremony by writing our own vows to each other to read on that day. It sounded like a wonderful idea at first, but now I can't even sit down to write them without bursting into tears!

Just thinking about marrying R.J. and how much I love him overwhelms me with emotion that my heart bursts - followed by my eyes bursting with tears. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Trust me, I know it's totally cheesy and if it was anyone else, I'd be rolling my eyes too. I'm getting soft. Great.

I've pretty much decided there is no hope whatsoever for me not to cry during the ceremony. However, I'm going to pre-apologize to anyone coming. I'm sorry that you won't be able to hear a single word of my vows over me blubbering like a baby. I'm also sorry that you'll have to see my ugly cry face too.

Anyway, I wanted to share one of my favorite crafts that we've done so far for the wedding. I love these pom poms for three reasons: they're SO inexpensive to make, they're SO easy to make and they're SO stinkin' adorable!


The plan is to hang these suckers above one of the tables. I can't tell you which table - because that's a surprise. For those of you who are not coming to the wedding, I promise to do an after-wedding series to show you all the fun and games!

The tutorial I used to make my pom poms came from the blog, Design Dazzle. The pom poms call for 8-10 sheets of tissue paper (99 cents), a pipe cleaner (87 cents for a pack) and some scissors. Total cost per pom pom? $1.86!

I won't go into detail here on how to make them, but let me assure you - it is super easy. It took me about 10 minutes to make each one.

Needless to say, for the three reasons above, I'm in love with them. However, I'm not sure Bentley agreed. He thought it was rather exhausting himself and had to take a nap on the scrap tissue paper.

 Also, I wrapped the gifts for the bridal party! I just absolutely love the colors which is good since they're my wedding colors, huh? Anywho, I thought they turned out cute and wanted to share them with you all. (P.S. I'll let you know what's in these gifts later in my after-wedding series!)
Well, it's time for me to suck it up, grab some Kleenex and write these vows. Wish me luck!

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment