Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday's Letters

My petunias and tomato plants on the front porch!

Dear husband, thank you for the pedicure I got today. I earned it after all those errands you made me run yesterday for your end-of-the-year party for the baseball team. It is becoming more obvious that some of the reason you married me is because I make a great personal secretary for you. Just get me a pedi every now and then and we will call it even. Dear Bentley, we are going to the Georgia mountains in the morning on your first vacation. As I packed our bag, you sat on the bed with those sad don't-leave-me eyes. You'll see that you are going to get to go this time soon enough. I hope you behave yourself. Dear Memorial Day Weekend, I've been looking forward to you since going back to work after Christmas break. The January to May stretch is a killer! Thank the Lord I love my precious two-year-old class and my co-workers. They are what made that stretch manageable. Dear new house, I love you. I knew all along you would be worth it and you have not disappointed. I'm really excited (and ready) for our living room furniture to come! Dear boxes, I still don't like you. When we were in the apartment, I hated you because you took up so much space. I thought once we got in the house, it would turn into a love-hate relationship. However, I still hate you because I've got to unpack you...and there is more than one of you. Let's just say it is going to be a very long time before I move again. Dear mailbox, I just got your custom decal in the mail! I've never been so excited about a mailbox in my life. You know you are a homeowner when...

Until next time!
Miranda




No comments:

Post a Comment