Monday, June 17, 2013

House Warming Party Invitations

Greetings!

In a little less than two weeks, our door will be open to friends and family for our house warming party. My planning partner in crime (a.k.a. my mother) and I spent the better part of Saturday planning the party and finalizing the menu.

My guests have all received their invitations by now so I figured it was time to introduce them to the blogosphere. Ta-da!



Unfortunately, I only ordered 40 so not everyone that is coming received one. Thank goodness for Facebook events! For those of you who only got invited on Facebook, here is what your invitation looked like. Sorry!

To give you some context, our house was a bank-owned home. When we finally moved into it last month, the house had not been lived in for two years. That said, I'm sure you can imagine how much the weeds and pine straw had taken over our property.

We've put in a lot of elbow-grease into making the outside of our home just as beautiful as the inside. Because of the wonderful presents we received for our wedding, the inside of home does not lack for anything we need. However, we need lawn care items badly! We've got a lawn mower thanks to my generous mother-in-law and father-in-law, but that's about it. Though our parents haven't said a word, I'm sure they are getting tired of us asking to constantly borrow tools, ladders, weed eaters, etc.



Because of our need, I selected a gardening theme for our house warming party. While gifts are certainly not required by any means, I wanted to give those who have been asking what we need an idea for something we could really use. Thus, on the invitations we requested gift cards to Home Depot or Lowe's. The giftcards will definitely be put to good use, because we still have so many little, random projects to complete. Not to mention, we still need an over-the-range microwave to go over the stove...Hopefully, our party-goers won't notice that ugly, gaping hole.

Anyhow, these invitations should be going live on my Etsy shop sometime this week! UPDATE (6/20/13): YOU CAN PURCHASE THESE INVITATIONS ON MY SHOP BY CLICKING HERE.

Until next time!
Miranda

P.S. Something awesome: The Friday's Letters post from last week (6/14/13) was officially my 100th post and I crossed over 15,000 views! You guys are awesome! Thank you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment