Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mustaches, Graduation Caps and Business Cards: Etsy Shop Update!

Today, I wanted to post about some of the new and exciting things going on with my Etsy shop and my budding paper goods design business in general. I'd also like to share the story of how my humble little shop started.

My senior year of college, I took a class on InDesign at Georgia State University. It was a challenge, but it became a creative outlet for me. Naturally, I gravitate to crafting as my creative outlet. I've dabbed in a little bit of everything from scrapbooking (my personal favorite) to crochet. I've spent hours roaming the aisles of Hobby Lobby and Michaels - not to mention all of the money I've spent there too!

Through my class on InDesign, I was opened up to a whole new world of creativity with the weapon of choice being a computer program not paper, yarn or glue. After completing the class, my fascination and interest with the program continued. When it came time to select the invitations for our wedding, I decided to create my own!


Our guests loved them. After the warm reception and having so much fun designing them, I decided to try my hand at creating some more invitations and selling them in our Etsy shop. When we came home from our honeymoon, I hit the ground hard with it and managed to win a nice chunk of sales. 

Next year, I plan on participating in several craft shows to bring my creations to a new audience. To do so, I have been slowly building our craft show table and inventory as money allows. The first of it arrived in the mail this past week and I am beyond excited about it! And of course, I have to share it with you!

First up, are the business cards. I spent a whole day laboring over these business cards. I know that might be a little ridiculous, but I was determined for them to be perfect. I wanted something to somewhat match the look of this blog so I used the color scheme. I'm really happy with how they have turned out. Aren't they cute?!


Next, comes the boy baby shower mustache invitations. This design has been the most popular on Etsy which is why I chose it to be the first to be added to the inventory. I had the sample on the listing printed  which I plan on putting into a display book on the craft show booth. I created a fill-in-the-blank version of the invitation also which can be sold at the table. Lastly, the mustache invitation is completed by mustache envelope seals!


As you can see, I've started my little collection and can't wait to see it grow! So, what can you expect to see in the coming weeks? I've had some requests for graduation announcements. You'll see these grace our Etsy shop in the next few weeks. I've also been working on our Christmas line - starting with Christmas photo cards! I've almost completed the one for our family (maybe you'll find one in your mailbox in the coming weeks). 

After Thanksgiving, you'll see these cranked out. My work schedule is currently preventing steady progress on them right now. However, once Thanksgiving rolls around, I'll be able to devote more time to my shop! My plan is to devote any money made from these graduation and Christmas cards to building our craft show inventory.

My prayer is God continues to bless my little shop and allows me to continue to grow it! 

Until next time!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment