Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ornaments, Nutcrackers and Stockings: A Peek at Our Christmas Home


Greetings readers!

It's time to share with you this year's Christmas decor and all those fun craft projects that made it all happen. (I told you - it is really is the BEST time of the year!) 

Our color scheme of choice for this year? Red and black to match our recent living room makeover, of course. I know black isn't typically a Christmas color, but it works. I promise! Of course, we have a sprinkling of green to accent our main colors as well. 

Our wrapping paper and gift tags are from Hobby Lobby. Each year after Christmas, I try to raid Hobby Lobby for next year's gift wrapping supplies because it is always at a really low and irresistible price. I really like the wrapping paper I found for this year because it has glitter on it and I love sparkly things. As for the ribbon, it is all leftovers from our wedding back in September. :)




Now then, Bentley asked me to share this ornament with you because it is his personal favorite. 


I received this ornament last year from my parents. Each year, we are given a Christmas ornament that usually reflects a significant event from the past year. I had brought home a furry, little three-month-old Yorkie the month before who stole the hearts of his fur-grandparents (and me!). Naturally, the arrival of their first fur-grandbaby had to be commemorated with an ornament. It is a tradition that I love and plan to carry it on with my children.

Next, I'd like to share my Christmas window with you! In our apartment, the living room has one HUGE window which offered me the perfect display for my nutcracker collection.


I collect nutcrackers. Each year, my mother gives me one so I've got a pretty impressive collection going now (all of them are not in the window).


To complete my display, I purchased some cardboard triangles from Hobby Lobby and stenciled "Merry Christmas" on them to make a banner. I got a little too excited about my project and took a picture of my window before it was completed. I'm sure you noticed I haven't placed the "Christmas" up yet. I did that last night though so don't worry!

Next on my Christmas craft list was my ribbon tree!


I used a basic tutorial from Stacy over at She's {kinda} Crafty to create my tree. Again, I used some red organza ribbon left over from our wedding. The other ribbon is also from Hobby Lobby which was a dollar a roll. 

To bring just a little bit more Christmas into our home, I tied some green, glittery ribbon to our red pillows. Now, they look like presents! No - the green ribbon was not left over from our wedding. HOWEVER, it was left over from gift wrapping. :)


My last Christmas craft was a door hanger. I have one for fall and thought it'd be cute to have a Christmas one as well. I used a cardboard letter ($1.49), some fuzzy ribbon ($3) and some left over gift wrapping ribbon to complete my Christmas "W." Isn't he cute?



Well, there you have it! The Winslett's first Christmas tree complete with decked halls. I'd love to see your Christmas decor so send some pictures my way. I'm already picking crafts for next year - like new stockings!



Thanks for reading. I've got a 12 Dates of Christmas date tonight with the Mr. which means you should be able to read about it soon!

Love Always!
Miranda















No comments:

Post a Comment