Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lately...

I figured it was time for a little update on the house.

As for outside projects, I'm still trying to get those shutters done. We've got four windows on the front of the house with two shutters each. We've got the two windows on the right side of the house done and put back up. However, we've got to go back to Lowe's and get some new shutter pins for the left side of the house. I'll post pictures when both sides are done, but the right side already looks so much better!

Last weekend, I gave a little TLC to the window frame display I have on our living room mantle. I had another window frame on the mantle which was identical to this one, but it is sadly falling apart. Both of the frames were found in the back of a barn at my parents' home. We used them at our wedding to display our engagement photos.

One of the window panes in this frame was long gone. I got a small wooden W at Hobby Lobby which was $1.38, but was 30 percent off. I paid a whopping 97 cents for it. Once I got it home, I wrapped it in some jute I have in the craft room and hot glued a ribbon to attach it to the frame. Loving it!


In our living room, I'm trying to incorporate a rustic, burlap theme. What better way to do that then to add a burlap curtain?! It is a terrible picture and doesn't do my curtain justice (not to mention my severely-lacking mantle...), but it'll have to do for now. 

I sewed the curtain myself so it only cost $7 for the burlap to make! It's slowly coming together.


To my joy, PaperLark has taken quite a bit of my time this week. I'm working on some new items and the orders keep rolling in! I even ordered some new promotional goodies this week that I can't wait to share with you when they get here. 

It's almost Friday!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment