Monday, September 23, 2013

DIY Framed Burlap Monogram


In our living room, I'm trying to incorporate some burlap into the decor. I'm just really digging the burlap fad right now and plan on embracing it as long as socially acceptable.

There for a while I saw this pin every time I was on Pinterest. Chances are, you have too!

http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/65/f1/c6/65f1c6dfe1f623822e588d8170ac7c6d.jpg

We have a fairly large photo gallery display on one of the walls in our living room. I was left with a frame that was pictureless so I thought this would be a good addition to the gallery.

However, to my dismay, I could not find the original source for the pin. Time to get creative. I researched some tutorials on how to print on burlap. I altered them slightly to fit my needs and this is the result:


This project was so simple and easy to do. Seriously, it probably took me 15 minutes start to finish. Ready for the tutorial? 

What You Need:
Burlap
Printer
Cardstock
Spray Adhesive
Scissors

Step One. Cut the cardstock to the size of your frame. (Mine was a 5x7) Spray the adhesive on one side of the cardstock. Lay the sticky, adhesive side on the burlap. Cut around your cardstock.


Step Two. Stick your burlap paper in the printer. Make sure you've got it facing the right way for your printer. 

Step Three. Open your word processing software like Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc. (I used InDesign) Using your word processor, format your monogram.

Step Four. Print out your monogram. Remember to format the printer settings to the size of your paper in your program. 

Step Five. Peel off that cardstock, stick that burlap in the frame and there you have it folks!


During my research, I did run across some tutorials that used freezer paper as the adhesive element. However, I had spray adhesive in my supplies not freezer paper so...yeah! 

Keep Crafting!
Miranda


This post was linked at:






No comments:

Post a Comment