Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Halloween Wreath for Our Front Door


Happy Tuesday!

I hope you enjoyed your long weekend as much as I did. I love long weekends because they give me some free time to craft. However, I did not have much of a crafting budget this week. We paid for husband's class, my monthly student loan bill and the mortgage this week.

Super tight budget + Overwhelming urge to create = Challenge accepted! 

I created a Halloween wreath for the front door for a grand total of $5.58 (and that's including tax ya'll). It is officially September so it is socially acceptable to start decorating for Halloween, right?!

Please ignore my arm reflecting in the glass of the door...
Being the craft supply hoarder that I am, I had most of the items for this project on hand like the paint and ribbon. All I had to buy where the letters which I got from Hobby Lobby for $1.74 each. 




Ready to try your hand at it? Here's what you need:
  • Letters
  • Black acrylic paint
  • Orange acrylic paint
  • Orange ribbon
  • Q-tips
  • Paper plate
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors
Step One. Paint all three of your letters black and let dry. It only took one coat for me to cover the letters completely.


Step Two. Once dry, squirt your orange paint on a paper plate and using your Q-tip, paint free-handed polka dots on your letters. Again, let the dots dry.

I promise that's not yellow paint...
Step Three. Once the letters are completely dry, tie them together using your orange ribbon. I was worried about the ribbon wiggling lose because I just tied it into a bow so I hot glued the back of the ribbon to the back of the letter.


Step Four. Secure the top ribbon that'll go on your wreath hanger with some hot glue. Once the hot glue has had time to dry and set, place that sucker on your front door.


I can't wait to get some pumpkins and some more mums to really bring my Halloween/fall front porch to life. Until then, Tilbolt, our garden gnome, will have to suffice. 


Happy creating!
Miranda










No comments:

Post a Comment